ADVISOR TO THE DIRECTOR FOR SCIENTIFIC-RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology (INMES)
Kaćanskog 13, 11040 Belgrade, Serbia
Mob: +381 63 262 993
Tel: +381 11 26 50 655
2008 – Doctor of Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad
2006 – Master of Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad
2004 – Specialist in animal nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade
1993 – Graduated veterinarian, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade
2014 – Senior research associate
2009 – Research associate
2006 – 2009 – Research assistant
2004 – 2006 – Specialist
2001 – 2004 –Associate
2015 – Advisor to the Director for Scientific-Research Activities,
2014 – Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology,
2010 – 2012 – Assistant Director for national and international scientific cooperation,
2008 – 2009 – Head of the Department of scientific and technical cooperation and Deputy Director of the Division of development and technology transfer
- introductory lectures at conferences and other invited lectures,
- active participation in international cooperation,
- leadership and participation in national projects,
2011-2014 “Development and application of molecular methods based on polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in a rapid and direct identification of strains of Newcastle disease virus in poultry and research of immunogenicity of the subunit vaccine prepared from their anti-genes” – a project funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia, no. TR 031008 Project leader: prof. Dr. Nened Milić, PhD. Position: researcher on the project.
2009-2010 “Development of rapid methods for the determination of ochratoxigenic moulds, their metabolites and risk analysis of ochratoxin in the food chain of people – a project funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia, no. 20207A, Position: Project Leader.
2008-2010. “Improving the quality of stillage as animal feed after bioethanol production” No. 451-01-000-65/2008-01/26. Innovation Project, Project Leader: doc. Dr Marica Rakin. Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, Belgrade. Position: researcher on the project.
Management of international projects
2012 – 2013 “Monitoring of specific contaminants of the environment that are significant for food safety and quality in the food chain” – a project of bilateral scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology and Veterinary Faculty in Ljubljana, Slovenia, funded by the Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Serbia for the period 2012-2013.
2011-2012 “Development of methods for the prevention of the negative effects of the presence of moulds and mycotoxins in food on human and animal health” – project of bilateral scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology and the Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia, funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia for the period 2011-2012.
- Organisation of scientific meetings
Member of the Programme Committee of the 58 th International Conference of the Meat Industry – MeatCon 2015, held from 4 to 7 October 2015, Zlatibor.
Member of the Programme Committee of the 57 th International Conference of the Meat Industry, held from 12 to 15 June 2013, Belgrade.
Chairman of the Program Committee of the 56th International Conference of Meat Industry, held from 12 to 15 June 2011, Tara.
- member of the Editorial board of the journal “Meat Science”,
- reviewer of scientific papers and international projects,
- membership in scientific societies
- World Veterinary Association,
- Serbian Association of Toxicologists
AREA OF SCIENTIFIC INTEREST:
SELECTED SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
- Milićević, I. Nastasijevic, Z. Petrovic. Mycotoxin in the food supply chain – implications for public health program. Journal of Environmental Science & Health, Part C — Environmental Carcinogenesis & Ecotoxicology Reviews. Article In Press.
- Nastasijevic I., Tomasevic I., Smigic N., Milicevic D., Petrovic Z. & Djekic I. Hygiene assessment of Serbian meat establishments using different scoring systems, Food Control, 2016, 62, 193–200.
- Jelena Nedeljković-Trailović, Saša Trailović, Radmila Resanović, Dragan Milićević, Milijan Jovanovic and Marko Vasiljevic. Comparative Investigation of the Efficacy of Three Different Adsorbents against OTA-Induced Toxicity in Broiler Chickens. Toxins, 2015, 7(4), 1174-1191;
- Jovanović, D. Trailović, V. Kukolj, S. Nešić, D. Marinković, J. Nedeljković-Trailović, B. Jakovac Strajn and D. Milićević. An outbreak of fumonisin toxicosis in horses in Serbia. World Mycotoxin Journal, 2015, 8(4), 387-391.
- Zoran Petrović, Vlado Teodorović, Spomenka Djurić, Dragan Milićević, Danijela Vranić, Mirjana Lukić. Cadmium and mercury accumulation in European hare (Lepus europaeus): age-dependent relationships in renal and hepatic tissue. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014, 21(24), 14058-14068,
- Dragan Milićević, Danijela Vranić, Zoran Mašić, Nenad Parunović, Dejana Trbović, Jelena Nedeljković-Trailović and Zoran Petrović. The role of total fats, saturated/unsaturated fatty acids and cholesterol content in Chicken meat as cardiovascular risk factors. Lipids in Health and Disease, 2014, 13 (1).
- Petrović, Z., Teodorović, V., Dimitrijević, M., Borozan, S., Beuković, M., Milićević, D. Environmental Cd and Zn concentrations in liver and kidney of European hare from different Serbian regions: Age and tissue differences. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2013, 90 (2), 203-207.
- MILICEVIC DRAGAN, JOVANOVIC MILIJAN, MATEKALO-SVERAK VESNA, RADICEVIC TATJANA, PETROVIC MILAN M, LILIC, SLOBODAN. A Survey of Spontaneous Occurrence of Ochratoxin A Residues in Chicken Tissues and Concurrence With Histopathological Changes in Liver and Kidneys. Journal of Environmental Science & Health, Part C — Environmental Carcinogenesis & Ecotoxicology Reviews, 2011, 29 (2), 159-175, 17p.
- Milićević Dragan, Jurić, Verica, Stefanović, S., Tatjana Baltić, Janković, S. Evaluation and Validation of Two Chromatographic Methods (HPLC-Fluorescence and LC–MS/MS) for the Determination and Confirmation of Ochratoxin A in Pig Tissues. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2010, 58 (4), 1074-1081.
- Dragan Milićević, Miomir Nikšić, Tatjana Baltić, Danijela Vranić. Isolation, characterization and evaluation of significant mycoflora and mycotoxins in pig feed from Serbian farms. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2010, 26 (9), 1715-1720.
- Dragan R. Milićević, Marija Škrinjar and Tatjana Baltić. Real and Perceived Risks for Mycotoxin Contamination in Foods and Feeds: Challenges for Food Safety Control. Toxins, 2010, 2(4), 572-592.
- Dragan Milićević, Milijan Jovanović, Verica Jurić, Zoran Petrović and Srđan Stefanović. Toxicological Assessment of Toxic Element Residues in Swine Kidney and Its Role in Public Health Risk Assessment. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2009, 6, 3127-3142.
- Milićević, D., Verica Jurić, Jovanović, Stefanović, S., Dubravka Vuković, Petrović, Z. Occurrence of ochratoxin A and heavy metals in tissues associated with porcine nephropathy in Serbia. World Mycotoxin Journal, 2009, 2, 347-356.
- Dragan Milićević, Verica Jurić, Srđan Stefanović, Milijan Jovanović, Saša Janković. Survey of slaughtered pigs for occurrence of ochratoxin A and porcine nephropathy in Serbia. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2008, 9, 2169-2183.