Principal research fellow
Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology (INMES)
Kaćanskog 13, 11040 Belgrade, Serbia
Мob: +381 63 262 993
Тel: +381 11 26 50 655
2008 – Doctor of Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad
2006 – Master of Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad
2004 – Specialist in animal nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade
1993 – Graduated veterinarian, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade
2014 – Senior research associate
2009 – Research associate
2006 – 2009 – Research assistant
2004 – 2006 – Specialist
2001 – 2004 –Associate
2015 – Advisor to the Director for Scientific-Research Activities
2014 – Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology
2010 – 2012 – Assistant Director for national and international scientific cooperation
2008 – 2009 – Head of the Department of scientific and technical cooperation and Deputy Director of the Division of development and technology transfer
- introductory lectures at conferences and other invited lectures
- active participation in international cooperation
- leadership and participation in national projects
2019. – member of COST Action CA18105, Risk-based meat inspection and integrated meat safety assurance – RIBMINS, WG2 Farm-level controls and risk categorisation of farms.
2014-2018. COST Action TD1404, Network for Evaluation of One Health (NEOH), MC Member.
2011-2014 “Development and application of molecular methods based on polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in a rapid and direct identification of strains of Newcastle disease virus in poultry and research of immunogenicity of the subunit vaccine prepared from their anti-genes” – a project funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia, no. TR 031008 Project leader: prof. Dr. Nened Milić, PhD. Position: researcher on the project.
2009-2010 “Development of rapid methods for the determination of ochratoxigenic moulds, their metabolites and risk analysis of ochratoxin in the food chain of people – a project funded by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of Republic of Serbia, no. 20207A, Position: Project Leader.
2008-2010. “Improving the quality of stillage as animal feed after bioethanol production” No. 451-01-000-65/2008-01/26. Innovation Project, Project Leader: doc. Dr Marica Rakin. Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, Belgrade. Position: researcher on the project.
Management of international projects
2012 – 2013 “Monitoring of specific contaminants of the environment that are significant for food safety and quality in the food chain” – a project of bilateral scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology and Veterinary Faculty in Ljubljana, Slovenia, funded by the Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Serbia for the period 2012-2013.
2011-2012 “Development of methods for the prevention of the negative effects of the presence of moulds and mycotoxins in food on human and animal health” – project of bilateral scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology and the Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia, funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia for the period 2011-2012.
- Organisation of scientific meetings
Member of the Programme Committee of the 58 th International Conference of the Meat Industry – MeatCon 2015, held from 4 to 7 October 2015, Zlatibor.
Member of the Programme Committee of the 57 th International Conference of the Meat Industry, held from 12 to 15 June 2013, Belgrade.
Chairman of the Program Committee of the 56th International Conference of Meat Industry, held from 12 to 15 June 2011, Tara.
- member of the Editorial board of the journal “Meat Science”,
- reviewer of scientific papers and international projects,
- membership in scientific societies
- World Veterinary Association,
- Serbian Association of Toxicologists
AREA OF SCIENTIFIC INTEREST:
SELECTED SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
- Dragan Milićević and Jelka Pleadin. Mycotoxins incidence in Southeastern Europe countries: implication on the food supply chain. In FAO publication-SUSTAINABLE AND NUTRITION-SENSITIVE FOOD SYSTEMS FOR HEALTHY DIETS AND PREVENTION OF MALNUTRITION IN EUROPE AND CENTRAL ASIA (support by FAO Fund of ISC project). In Press.
- Borjana Vranješ, Dragan Milićević, Dragan Šefer, Srđan Stefanović, Jelena Ajtić, Branislava M. Mitrović 2022. Presence of natural radionuclides and toxic elements in monocalcium phosphate, complete feed and pig manure. Science of the Total Environment 720, 137578. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137578.
- Mileševic, J.; Vranic, D.; Gurinovic, M.; Koricanac, V.; Borovic, B.; Zekovic, M.; Šarac, I.; Milicevic, D.R.; Glibetic, M. 2022. The Intake of Phosphorus and Nitrites through Meat Products: A Health Risk Assessment of Children Aged 1 to 9 Years Old in Serbia. Nutrients 2022, 14, 242. https://doi.org/10.3390/ nu14020242
- Udovicki B., Stankovic S., Tomic N., Djekic I., Smigic N., Trifunovic B.S., Milicevic D. & Rajkovic A., 2021. Evaluation of ultraviolet irradiation effects on Aspergillus flavus and Aflatoxin B1 in maize and peanut using innovative vibrating decontamination equipment, Food Control. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2021.108691.
- Milićević, D.R.; Milešević, J.; Gurinović, M.; Janković, S.; Đinović-Stojanović, J.; Zeković, M.; Glibetić, 2021. M. Dietary Exposure and Risk Assessment of Aflatoxin M1 for Children Aged 1 to 9 Years Old in Serbia. Nutrients, 13, 4450. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13124450
- Vasiljević, M.; Marinković, D.; Milićević, D.; Pleadin, J.; Stefanović, S.; Trialović, S.; Raj, J.; Petrujkić, B.; Trialović, J.N. 2021. Efficacy of a Modified Clinoptilolite Based Adsorbent in Reducing Detrimental Effects of Ochratoxin A in Laying Hens. Toxins, 13, 469. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins13070469
- Dragan Milićević, Radivoj Petronijević, Zoran Petrović, Jasna Đjinović‐Stojanović, Jelena Jovanović, Tatjana Baltić, Saša Janković, 2019. Impact of climate change on aflatoxin M1 contamination of raw milk with special focus on climate conditions in Serbia. J Sci Food Agric .2019, 30, 99(11), 5202-5210. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.9768. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.9768.
- Lešić, T.; Vahčić, N.; Kos, I.; Zadravec, M.; Milićević, D.; Perković, I.; Listeš, E.; Pleadin, J. 2021. The Influence of Surface Mycobiota on Sensory Properties of “Istarski pršut” and “Dalmatinski pršut”. Processes 2021, 9, 2287. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr9122287
- Jelka Pleadin, Tina Lesic, Vesna Vujacic, Dragan Milicevic, Anamarija Buneta, Sasa Susnic, Ingrid Lukanic, Greta Kresic, 2021. Comparison of nutritional quality and fatty acid composition of traditional meat products from Croatia and Montenegro. Journal of Food Quality, vol. 2021, Article ID 5586436, 10 pages, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/5586436.
- Pleadin, J.; Lešić, T.; Milićević, D.; Markov, K.; Šarkanj, B.; Vahčić, N.; Kmetič I.; Zadravec, M. 2021. Pathways of Mycotoxin Occurrence in Meat Products: A Review. Processes 2021, 9, 2122. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr9122122
- Dubravka Rašić, Srđan Stefanović, Dragan Milićević, Marin Mladinić, Davor Želježić, Alica Pizent, Paško Konjevoda, and Maja Peraica, 2022.. Ochratoxin A potentiates citrinin accumulation in kidney and liver of rats. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2022;73:43-47. DOI: 10.2478/aiht-2022-73-3605
- Nišavić Jakov, Milić Nenad, Radalj Andrea, Krnjaić Dejan, Milićević Dragan, Knežević Aleksandra, Radojičić Marina, Obrenović Sonja, Ćosić Milivoje, Tešović Bojana, Benković Damir, Živulj Aleksandar, 2021. GENETIC ANALYSIS AND DISTRIBUTION OF PORCINE PARVOVIRUSES DETECTED IN THE ORGANS OF WILD BOARS IN SERBIA. Acta Veterinaria-Beograd 2021, 71 (1), 32-46. DOI: 10.2478/acve-2021-0003,
- Dragan Milicević, Božidar Udovički, Zoran Petrović, Saša Janković, Stamen Radulović, Mirjana Gurinović, Andreja Rajković, 2020. Current status of mycotoxin contamination of food and feeds and associated public health risk in Serbia. Meat Technology 61 (2020) 1, 1–36.
- Milićević D., Nedeljković-Trailović J. The concept of one health in the food safety chain – the role of the veterinary service. ONE HEALTH [Electronic source] / editors Marija Jevtić, Branislava Belić, Sara Savić. – White City. Monographs of scientific conferences of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the Serbian Medical Association; vol. 10, no. 1, 2021.