MISSION AND VISION
Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology, as a scientific research organization, was established as an institution owned by the Republic of Serbia with the task of promotion and development of the meat industry. In the period when the Institute was founded, this branch of industry was very undeveloped, and today it is one of the leaders in our country, which sells its products both on the domestic and world market. These results are proof that the Institute has successfully implemented its mission over 60 years.
The mission of the Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology is, by providing of high professional competence of employees, using their scientific research, development and laboratory resources and constant presence in the economy, to contribute to the development of the meat industry, widening of the range and quality of meat products and to supply the market with safe and high quality products.
The Mission of the founders of the Institute, was established with the aim to form a single institution in South East Europe as a development support to the meat industry and other branches of the food industry. Results and duration have justified their decision.
In the beginning, tasks were narrowly defined and were aimed at standardizing products of the canning industry in Yugoslavia, but subsequently, the Institute took a leading role in the modernization and technological development of production in this branch of the industry.
Today the leaders of the Institute, as followers of their distinguished predecessors, continue well-established routes, but also open and win new businesses/activities in line with the needs of the economy, society and inspection bodies.
By constantly raising the level of knowledge, investing in people and the modernization of equipment, we strive to become the leading scientific research organization in the field of food safety and quality in the region, providing its business partners from the meat industry products and services that have greater value than others.
Institute of Meat Hygiene and Technology is a leading research organization in the field of production and testing of food products of animal origin.
The objectives of the Institute are, by securing of high professional competence of employees, using their scientific research, development and laboratory resources and constant presence in the economy, professional and scientific local and international public, to contribute to the development of the economy, of the range and quality of products and supply of the market with controlled food, participating in this way in the fulfillment of the public interest in food safety in Serbia.
These goals of the Institute are attained by:
- providing testing services, quality control and safety of food and other materials used in the production of foodstuffs,
- cooperation with relevant inspections and other state bodies in the control of production and trade of food products,
- providing services for the technological and technical design of the lines for the slaughter, production, refining, processing, storage and marketing of products of animal origin,
- providing professional information in their fields, work for the needs of the economy, state institutions and society as a whole,
- education and training of permanent employees,
- participating in the work of scientific and educational institutions and the education of future professionals,
cooperation with scientific and food business operators in the country and the world.